Today was cut short due to a schedule change because of PSAT testing. Our day of learning looked like this:
- Warm-Up: Complete the survey from the guidance office and the “Ticket in the Door” activity.
- Reminders: We will finish AOW Essay 2 and the time period graphic organizer for Unit 2 on Monday, October 16 due to limited computer lab availability this week.
- Take notes on six literary terms with graphic organizer (all terms related to persuasive writing).
- Introduce Thomas Paine with your very own copy of the essay excerpt of from The Crisis, #1.
- Annotate essay as we read together using the copy of the annotation codes provided.
- Work on “Think Tank” posters; we will finish during the first 15 minutes of class on Friday and present.