- Please take out ALL of your notes from your research (Day 1 Research Graphic Organizer, Day 2 Research Graphic Organizer, and the printouts I did for you of your online notes for Day 3 Research).
- See me for a print out of your current Works Cited page (if you had no sources then I have nothing to give you )
Getting Started: Pulling Out Your Notes and Grouping Them
- Write down your key facts on your large sticky notes. ONE FACT PER STICKY NOTE, please!
Once you have recorded your key findings, how would you group them? What categories would you give to each grouping?
On Your BIG White Poster Sized Sticky Note
- Write your research question.
- Draw a four square grid. In each area of the grid, write down the name of each category that you have come up with to label your groupings of notes.
- Now place the facts/sticky notes in the appropriate part of the grid.
Reflect and Self-Assess
- Complete the “reflect and assess” graphic organizer: Post Research Round 1 Reflect and Assess September 20 2017 Period 1B 12th ELA Honors
- On the printed working bibliography, write how many notes you have taken from each source. You can put this number to the left of the source.
- Turn in your work to Ms. Hamilton. Staple your printed working bibliography that I gave you to the back of your self-assessment.
We will hang each group member’s poster together in the hallway along with your group “placeholder” signage I’ve created for you. This will be our gallery in progress to help us visualize our progress and determine next steps for Round 2 of research!
LA12.C.28 draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research (I)
LA12.C.21.b. develop the topic thoroughly by selecting the most significant and relevant facts, extended definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples appropriate to the audience’s knowledge of the topic (I)