Finish the Unit 1 Reading Reflections if you did not do so last Thursday after the test. I will call out the names of those who still need to complete this task and give you the assignment instructions if you need a copy. The stories are posted as PDFs in the newest “news” announcement in eClass.
Make sure you can log into your Lanier Google Account once you get logged into your Chromebook. Instructions for accessing your Lanier Google Account are on the eClass home page. This step is very important for you to be able to complete future assignments. If you cannot find it or need help, ask Ms. Hamilton for help.
Complete the checklist and paragraph for your Writer’s Notebook Self-Assessment 1. Ms. Hamilton will give you the handout for this assignment.
- Put a check or x next to each statement for the questionnaire.
- Count the number of sentences for each entry.
- Pick your best entry from 1-7; write the number in the blank.
- Assign your best entry a grade (1-100).
- Following the instructions on the handout, write a paragraph making the argument from your grade. Identify 2-3 things you did as a writer/thinker/learner to show evidence of learning and your best work/growth in that entry. You must cite evidence from your entry to back up your grade you feel you deserve.
Post in Google Classroom. Ms. Hamilton will show you how to access. The code to join our Google Classroom is 1agjvtj . You must be logged into your Lanier Google account to join.
Type your WNB Self-Assessment paragraph in Google Docs in your Lanier Google Account. Name the document WNB 1 Self-Assessment. If you can access your Google Lanier account, the naming of the document will happen automatically with Google Classroom. Ask Ms. Hamilton for help with this step. If you cannot access your Google Lanier account today, Ms. Hamilton will give you alternate instructions in person.
Install the free Seesaw Classroom app. Ask for help if needed. Follow the directions on your handout you received in class today.
- Snap a photo of your best WNB entry
- Record an audio note for your WNB self-assessment—you will read the paragraph you drafted. You may print a copy before you get permission to step outside to record the audio note. Hamilton will help you when you are ready for this step.
- Make sure you file it in the appropriate folder. I will help you with this task.
- If you finish early, work on the assigned module in noredink.com; if you have not joined our class, the code is: roasted rock 2