Task 1 in the Classroom
- Return graded work
- Project timeline updates
Make sure you can log into your Lanier Google Account once you get logged into your Chromebook. Instructions for accessing your Lanier Google Account are on the eClass home page. This step is very important for you to be able to complete future assignments. If you cannot find it or need help, ask Ms. Hamilton for help.
Complete the checklist and paragraph for your Writer’s Notebook Self-Assessment 1. Ms. Hamilton will give you the handout for this assignment.
- Put a check or x next to each statement for the questionnaire.
- Count the number of sentences for each entry.
- Pick your best entry from 1-7; write the number in the blank.
- Assign your best entry a grade (1-100).
- Following the instructions on the handout, write a paragraph making the argument from your grade. Identify 2-3 things you did as a writer/thinker/learner to show evidence of learning and your best work/growth in that entry. You must cite evidence from your entry to back up your grade you feel you deserve.
Type your WNB Self-Assessment paragraph in Google Docs in your Lanier Google Account. Name the document WNB 1 Self-Assessment. This will happen automatically when you access the assignment in our Lanier Google Classroom.
Post in Google Classroom. Ms. Hamilton will show you how to do this. Accept the invitation in your Lanier email or get the class code from Ms. Hamilton.
After you post your work in Google Classroom, you should install the free app Seesaw Classroom.
- Find the free Seesaw Classroom app.
- Choose “I’m a Student”
- Choose Email/Google Account
- Choose “New Student?”
- Choose “Create Email Account” or “Sign in with Google”
- Refer to your handout for the private class code. This code expires on September 21, 2017
- Finish creating your account using your school email address
Snap a photo of your best WNB entry (the entry itself)
- Record an audio note for your WNB self-assessment—you will read the paragraph you drafted.
- You may print a copy before you get permission to step outside to record the audio note. Hamilton will help you when you are ready for this step.
- Make sure you file it in the appropriate folder. I will help you with this task.
- If you finish early, work on the new assigned module in noredink.com; if you have not joined our class, the code is daily bubble 40.