Reminders and Housekeeping
- Reminder: Friday, September 8– Unit 1 Test
- Take out your American Lit. textbooks
- If you did not turn in questions 1-12 on Friday of last week, turn those in now OR finish and turn in now.
- Turn in your graphic organizers and self-assessment “tickets” from last Friday.
- If you have any other makeup work, turn it in now.
Writer’s Notebook 7
Puritan Poet Background Information
We worked on completing a graphic organizer on Puritan poets from pp. 98-100. Preparing to Read Puritan Poetry Review Graphic Organizer September 2017
Puritan Poems: “Huswifery” and “To My Dear and Loving Husband”
We read together the poems “Huswifery” by Edward Taylor and “To My Dear and Loving Husband” by Anne Bradstreet. After highlighting a few of the main ideas of each poem, students could decide which poem they wanted to work on in their graphic organizer.”
The graphic organizer is here: Period 4B: Choose one of the poems to focus on and complete with the graphic organizer.
You can get ahead and finish our graphic organizers at home or finish after the test on Friday.
Don’t Forget: Vocab.com and NoRedink.com are due this Saturday, September 9 at 11:59PM