Today we began the readings of our first pieces of Native American Literature. Together we read:
- “The Earth on Turtle’s Back”
- “When Grizzlies Walked Upright”
- from The Iroquois Constitution
Students in 4A completed a guided reading guide as we read together. A special congratulations to period 4A for their extra effort they put forth yesterday!
All students completed a graphic organizer to pull out the key details of each selection. This graphic organizer was the springboard to crafting a Venn diagram comparing and contrasting the three selections.
Once students completed the graphic organizer, and I checked over it, I reviewed the instructions for creating the Venn diagram and provided students supplies to complete the diagram. Students could work alone, with a partner, or in a small group of three.
- Students who did not complete the graphic organizer will want to work on it this weekend or have enough completed to finish Monday in class (our “skinny” day of the week).
- Those who started the diagram but did not finish will complete in class on Monday.
- Those who finished early started working on Writer’s Notebook 4. Everyone will finish this entry on Monday if needed.