Today we began the readings of our first pieces of Native American Literature. Together we read:
- “The Earth on Turtle’s Back”
- “When Grizzlies Walked Upright”
- from The Iroquois Constitution
Students in 3B completed a guided reading guide as we read together. A special congratulations to period 3BA for their extra effort they put forth in our class discussion today!
All students completed a graphic organizer to pull out the key details of each selection. This graphic organizer was the springboard to crafting a Venn diagram comparing and contrasting the three selections.
Once students completed the graphic organizer, and I checked over it, I reviewed the instructions for creating the Venn diagram and provided students supplies to complete the diagram. Students could work alone, with a partner, or in a small group of three.
- The graphic organizer was to be completed in class; students were instructed to let me see their work before moving on to the chart.
- We will finish our Venn diagrams in class on Monday.
- We will complete Writer’s Notebook 4 in class on Monday.
Have a wonderful weekend!