Today we began the readings of our first pieces of Native American Literature. Students read:
- “The Earth on Turtle’s Back”
- “When Grizzlies Walked Upright”
- from The Iroquois Constitution
Students completed a graphic organizer to pull out the key details of each selection. This graphic organizer was the springboard to crafting a Venn diagram comparing and contrasting the three selections.
Once students completed the graphic organizer, and I checked over it, I reviewed the instructions for creating the Venn diagram and provided students supplies to complete the diagram. Students could work alone, with a partner, or in a small group of three.
- Students who did not complete the graphic organizer needed to complete the Venn diagram for homework.
- Those who started the diagram but did not finish will complete in class on Monday.
- Those who finished early started working on Writer’s Notebook 4. Everyone will finish this entry on Monday if needed.
Weekend Work Options:
- Continue with NoRedInk.com assignments
- Continue with Vocabulary.com assignments
- Review games for our Native American Literature origin myths: